Sterling bank has join the list of banks in Nigeria that allows their customers to transfer funds, pay bills, check account balance and even recharge their phones from the comfort of their homes with ease using the Sterling the Sterling bank USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code.
USSD is a new technology that give the customers the ability to connect directly to the banks service provider without using a third party medium. Every bank has their own unique USSD code that allows customers to have access to basic financial services on the go through the use of any GSM phone. This service does not require internet before you can use it.
Though using the Sterling Bank USSD Codes for bank transactions are very safe and easy to use, a lot of their customers still find it difficult to use, or are lost as to how it works. In this article, you will learn how to enroll for USSD code, transfer money and also check your account balance. So if you are currently banking with Sterling Bank, then this article is for you.
Also, Sterling Bank has a mobile app called OneBank. OneBank is a 100% digital banking app brought to you by Sterling bank. It offers you the ability to register and bank instantly and you can make payments, invest and borrow money, all in the app.
With OneBank, a customer can get everything done without entering a branch. You can self-onboard, enter your BVN, up load your documents and start transacting.
Thereafter, you can enjoy the experience of starting an investment plan, applying for a loan transferring forex. Whilst using the app, you get to enjoy a dynamic news feed, scrolling forex and so many other features to look forward to.
How to enroll for USSD code
Dial *822# on the phone number you use to open your Sterling Bank Account (or where you receive your alert) , You then press the number 1,OR dial *822*1*NUBAN Account Number# it will request for your account number, OR dial *822*1*NUBAN Account Number# to register account, then you can create a 4 digit pin, then follow the other instructions.
How to reset your pin
Dial *822# on the phone number you use to open your Sterling Bank Account (or where you receive your alert) , then press 1 to reset your pin (This can only happen after you have registered).
Benefits of sterling bank USSD code
• You can send money to friends and family
• With Sterling Bank USSD Code service, you can Register and Activate for Mobile Money
• Check your balance
• You can recharge airtime for yourself, friends and family
Activate Sterling Bank transfer code
Before you can carry out any transaction using sterling bank mobile banking. Your phone number must be activated. Like stated above, this phone number must be linked to the Sterling bank account. Follow the steps below to activate.
• Dial *822# from the phone number registered with your account.
• Reply with 1 for registration.
• Enter the 10 digits of your bank account number.
• Enter the details of your debit card as requested.
• Create a 4-digit PIN.
• Re-enter your PIN for confirmation.
How to transfer funds on sterling bank mobile
How To Transfer Money From Sterling Bank To Another Sterling Bank Account
For Sterling bank to Sterling bank transactions dial *822*4*AMOUNT*ACCOUNT NUMBER#. You can transfer up to 100,000 per transaction and 500,000 per day using this service.
How To Transfer Money From Sterling Bank To Other Bank
This method is same for how to transfer money from sterling bank to others. You can send money to First bank, UBA, GTbank etc. account holders using this method.
• Dial *822# from the phone number registered with your Sterling Bank account
• Reply with 4 for transfers to sterling bank accounts or with 5 for transfers to other banks like UBA, GTbank etc.
• Enter the correct account number of your beneficiary if sterling bank.
• For other banks, follow the onscreen prompts to select the bank of the beneficiary, proceed and enter his or her correct account number.
• Enter the amount you wish to transfer.
• Confirm if the displayed account name matches that of your beneficiary.
• Enter your 4-digit PIN to approve the transfer.
• Dial *822#
• Follow the on-screen prompt and reply with the number next to the service you want to do.
• Choose the bank you want to transfer to.
• Type in the amount to be transferred.
• Type in the person’s account number.
• Key in your four digit PIN and acknowledge transfer.
• Wait for notification that transfer was successful.
How to check account balance
To check sterling bank account balance, simply dial *822*6# on your GSM phone and your account balance will be displayed on your phone screen. This service may require a service.