HOW TO USE ACCESS BANKING SERVICES
As online banking gradually takes over the banking sector in the 21st century, most banks have incorporated this system of banking in order to provide convenience and make the lives of their customers easy.
Access bank, one of the leading banks in Nigeria has introduced some cool online banking features such as USSD codes, mobile apps and internet banking which can be used to make transactions, check account balance, buy airtime and data, pay utility bills — PHCN bill, LAWMA bill, TV subscription and many more. These features are made available for both new and existing customers and the best part is, you can do all these within minutes at the comfort of your home without having to queue at any bank.
If you are an account owner with access bank and you have been thinking of how to perform these basic tasks using your account, or perhaps you have heard about the numerous ways of footing your bills without having to spend hours queueing at the bank but you don’t know how to go about it.
Follow me through this article as I give you detailed guidelines on how to perform these tasks and help you live a comfortable life.
Before I teach you how to use these internet banking services, there are some basic requirements you must meet as a customer or user
- You must have an account with access bank
- The phone number used to register your account must be active
- A smartphone, cellphone or computer is needed
- Internet connection if you are using the mobile app or internet banking services.
- HOW TO BUY AIRTIME FROM YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
This operation is simple and easy, and it works for all network users ( MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9mobile). If you are an access bank account holder and you have been looking for a way to recharge your mobile phone from your bank account, these are the steps to help you rectify this issue.
- Dial *901*the amount# (example *901*500#) with your registered phone number i.e the number you used to open your Access bank account.
- To recharge for someone else or an unregistered phone number, dial *901*the amount*phone number# (example *901*500*08122114338#).
You can also go through the long process
- Simply Dial *901# on your registered phone number
- Select “4” for airtime
- Type the amount you want to buy
- Click on “okay” and your phone number will be credited with the amount your choose once the transaction is successful.
- HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY TO OTHER BANKS USING ACCESS BANK
Mobile banking has made transferring money from one bank to another a lot more easier and faster. With your device, you can send money from bank to bank knowing that the money will arrive at the desired place before three working days.
With the use *901# as the USSD code for access bank, you can conveniently perform transactions using your phone 24/7 without any use of data and airtime. Here are the following steps to use this banking services
- Dial *901*the amount*AccountNumber#( example *901*5000*2342342345#) from your phone using your registered phone number.
- Enter your four(4) digit code to authenticate the transaction.
NOTE: You can’t use this service if your phone number is not registered with the bank
Here is a guide one how to register for *901# services
- Dial *901# with your registered number
- Click ‘Transfer’
- Type the last six(6) digits of your Debit card(you can use your date of birth if you don’t have an active Debit card).
- Type in your account number
- Create your 4 digit pinpin
- HOW TO CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT BALANCE
As an account holder, it is very essential to check your account balance in order to stay updated with all your transactions. Access bank provides an easy way to help their customers monitor their daily transactions without having to go to the bank make enquiries or use the ATM. This can be done through your mobile phones using the following methods
- How to cehck your account balance using USSD
- Simply Dial *901# with the phone number used to register your account
- Enter ‘5’ and click on send
- Wait for a few minutes
- An SMS will be sent to your phone from Access bank containing your account balance.
- How to check your account balance online
- Visit the Access bank official website at www.accessbankplc.com
- Navigate to the top corner of the site and Click on “Internet Banking“
- Select either “Individual or Business“
- Enter your online banking username and click continue
- Then input your password and click Login
- Once you’ve logged in, navigate to accounts to check your account balance.
- How to check your account balance using SMS
- Type ‘BAL’ in the SMS app on your phone
- Leave a space
- Then type in your account number
- For example ‘BAL 1234512345’
- Send the text to ‘08160000612’
- Wait for a few minutes and an SMS will be sent to your phone containing your account balance.