How to send and receive Western Union money transfer
Western Union is a unique financial service that allows individuals to transfer and receive money. The online money transfer is operated by the Western Union Co., which is also known as WU, short for Western Union.
It currently operates in more than 28,000 locations worldwide which are called agent locations, providing many different options for people who wish to make transfers to and from different countries, such as the United States, Canada, China, Hong Kong, UK and Australia.
All exchanges must be made in USD or the equivalent currency of the country you want to make a transfer with. This way, it would be easier for the recipient to pick up the funds in the western union agent location.
In this article,I will be showing you how to transfer and receive funds from western union. To start, we would have to go through the registration process as a new customer.
• HOW TO REGISTER FOR WESTERN UNION
New customers can start their account by filling out an application and submitting documents required by Western Union to verify their identity online using either the Western union official website “www.western union.com” or mobile app.
1. Go to the western union official website and click on register
2. Create your profile by entering all the required information such as FullName, Valid BVN, Email address, Date of Birth, Country of Birth, Mobile Number and so on.
3. Enter the one time code received in your email
4. Read and accept all the Western union terms and conditions
5. Click on create profile to complete your registration
6. Once you are done, check the email you registered with to confirm your registration.
You can also read How to register for Majority for international money transfer
HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION
Western Union is an international provider of money transfers. It has operations all over the world and can send money to more than 200 countries.
Money can be sent to family, friends, or businesses at more than 4 lakhs agent locations worldwide.
You can initiate a transfer by visiting a local agent or by simply logging on to the company’s website. A funds transfer typically takes three working days between countries within Western Union’s network and five working days for all other destinations. The fee for this service is small at less than 2%.
To transfer money through western union official website or mobile app please follow the steps below
1. Login to your western union profile
2. Select the ‘Send money online’ option
How to track Western Union transfer
To find out the status of my money transfer. keep tracking your western union transfer kindly visit https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer
2. Enter your 10 digit MTCN number
3. Input the sender’s name
3. click continue to view your transfer
Why is my money transfer status “On Hold”?
There are a few reasons why a money transfer might be on hold. If its been less than 30-40 minutes since you completed it, it may not be fully processed yet. Please wait a few more minutes and then check the status again.
Sometimes we need to confirm the sender’s identity before western union can process a money transfer. If this is the case, they send the sender an online web receipt and an email asking them to call them. Once they confirm the sender’s information, the transfer will be completed and the receiver can pick up the money.
How to receive Western Union payment
To receive Western union transfer payment you need to follow the steps below.
1. Pick up cash at a Western Union agent location, or, depending on where you live, have it deposited directly into your bank account or mobile wallet.
For cash pick up
Simply take your MTCN (tracking number,sender name and location where the money was sent ) and valid ID to collect your money.
Please have these on hand:
1. The sender’s full name (first, middle, and last name)
2. The country where the money was sent from
3. The approximate amount that was sent
4. The unique number of the transaction (MTCN)
5. Your government-issued identification document(s) as required
For bank deposit
To receive your western union to bank account kindly follow this link for more details and requirement : https://www.westernunion.com/CF/en/direct-to-bank.html
For Mobile wallet deposit:
The service is available in certain countries follow this link for more details : https://www.westernunion.com/CF/en/web-to-mobile.html