Last Updated on November 4, 2021 by admin
Remitly is a money-transfer app that makes sending money to loved ones abroad easier than ever. Remitly allows you to send money to up to five people at one time, meaning you can easily split the cost of lunch with your friends or pay for gas on a road trip.
You can also set up automatic bill payments, which are convenient for things like student loans or credit card bills. With remitly, you can easily send money to any individual or organization that accepts traditional bank transfers.
Also read: Sharemoney transfer:How to Send and Transfer Money abroad
How does Remitly work?
It is easy to use remitly as all you need to do is register an account on their website. From there, you will be able to start transferring money using your personal information, bank account information, or a credit card.
One of the great things about remitly is the ease of making transfers back home by using your phone number as a payment method. You can also create unique payment instructions if need be for those who may not have debit or credit cards from the country they are from.
• Steps on how to register an account with Remitly
Registering an account with remitly can be dine with ease and this account can be rwsdy in minutes. All you have to do is go to the Remitly official website “www.Remitly.com” and follow these steps:
a. Click on the home page of Remitly
b. You will be taken to “create an account” page after you click on the home page.
c. Enter your email address in the field provided in the box, along with the password in case you want to login later on.
d. After you have entered all the necessary information, click on “Create my account”.
e. You will be taken to your dashboard page, where it shows information of your account including e-mail address, mobile number, name and date of birth
Once you have successfully registered as a user with remitly, the next step is to open an account which would be used to perform all your transactions.
Read: WorldRemit: How to Send Money Online and receive international money transfer
To open an account with remitly go to www.remitly-login.com when online using a browser where You will be redirected to the login page.
1. As soon as you have successfully logged in you will be given two choices:”Create a new account” or “Login with an existing account”.
2. Enter your user identification number which is your password in the field provided, click on “Submit”. Once everything is done, log in by entering your password.
3. Find the option to open an account with remitly
4. Fill up the required information and proceed further
5. Click on “continue” to receive the information of your account.
6. Click on “Review and Continue” to accept the terms and conditions of using their services.
7. Click on the “Create Account Now” at the bottom of the page if you want to register an account with remitly or click on “Continue” if you want to register an account but do not want to proceed further with filling up information.
8. When everything is done successfully, it will automatically reach you email inbox for verification.
9. Verify the email address by clicking on link provided in email and then type in given password that you have chosen when asked by system for verification processionals .
10. After you enter the verification code in the system, you can then go to your dashboard page to note down your account number which is the 11 digit number in the beginning.
Read: moneygram: How to Send Money Online and receive international money transfer
• How do I set up Remitly?
Once you have registered your account with remitly, the next step is to set up your account in order to be able to transfer and receive money with ease.
First, download the app for your phone. Then select “Add Payees.” Add each person individually, or create a group of people. Here’s an important rule of thumb—if you are sending money to someone who is not an authorized user of your account, you need to require them to verify their address before they can receive money. Otherwise, the transaction will be declined.
Next, add your bank account information. You can do this by logging on to your online banking account. This is the fastest way to get started, but you can also add your bank info by taking a photo of your check or an image of the routing number and account number on the back of one of your checks. (Note that if you don’t use this option within 15 days, you will need to enter the info again. This is a security feature.)
•Steps on how to transfer money using Remitly
Sendiy money to your loved ones or business associate using remitly is quite easy and it only takes a few minutes to set up your transfer. If you want to make transfer using your web browser, them you can visit www.Remitly.com or if you would like to use your mobile device, then you can visit either Google play store or App store to download the Remitly mobile application. Once that is done, you can follow the steps below to set up and make a transfer.
1. On the home page, you will be taken to “Dashboard” section
2. As soon as you click on dashboard option, it will take you to another screen where there are options like “transfers”, “wallet” among others. Choose transfers option.
3. Enter the amount of money you want to send abroad and click on “Start Transfer”.
4. Select the delivery method to which you want your recipient to receive the money(Bank deposits or cash pickup)
5. Enter your recipient’s detail such as name, phone number etc
6. Complete your profile by inputting basic information about yourself such as Full name(as it is written in your ID), email address, phone number, date of birth etc
7. These details are what would be used for means of verification and identification later on.
8. Choose payment method either credit or debit card or through your bank account
9. Once you are done, review all the information provided and click on “send money”
10. Last and final step is to wait for a confirmation screen to show and you are done!
• How to receive money from Remitly
There are various options provided by remitly to which you can receive payments.
1. Bank Transfer: This is the option whereby the money is transferred directly to the recipient’s bank account
2. Cash pickup: Here, the sender provides details of the transaction and also the Location where the recipient can get the money
3. Mobile money: if the recipient provides a mobile money account details, then he or she can receive payments through their phone number
• How to track payments transactions on Remitly
On the home page of Remitly, click on “transfers” option. You will be redirected to a screen where you can choose the payment loads that you want to track by checking or unchecking them from list provided. You can view all the payments you have made and also know the status of your transactions by going to dashboard option and then clicking on “My Transfers” option.