Xoom is a website that provides transfer services around the world. This money transfer app allows you to send and receive money from friends, family members, and even businesses. The Xoom is a P PayPal Service which enable customers to Send Money Online. This is an electronic funds transfer or remittance provider that allows consumers to send money, pay bills and reload mobile phones from the United States and Canada to 131 countries.
You can also use this app to withdraw cash from your bank account by using a debit card. The great thing about Xoom is that you cam sign up for free and it charges very little fees when you send or receive international wire transfers.
Here are some details on how to register an account with Xoom along with the steps on how to transfer and receive money.
• How to register an account with Xoom
The first step in using Xoom is to create an account on the website. This process is easy and can be completed in minutes. To open an account with Xoom please follow the detailed steps below.
1. Visit the Xoom official website “www.xoom.com”
2. Tap the signup icon at the top right corner of the site
3. You will be redirected to a page where you can provide all your information
4. Enter your first Name and last name
5. Type in your email address and create a strong password
6. Choose your country code (for Nigeria +234) and type in your mobile number
7. Type in your country of residence and click on “I Agree, create free account”
Once your account has been activated, you’ll then be able to use the app to initiate money transfers between other Xoom users.
• How to Transfer money on Xoom
There are 3 easy ways to send money abroad with Xoom, a PayPal service
1. Deposit to a bank account
Send money to almost any bank account.
2. Send cash for pickup
Send cash for pickup at thousands of partner locations around the world.
3. Have cash delivered
Send money directly to your recipient’s door.
Sendiy money to your loved ones or business associate using Xoom is quite easy and it only takes a few minutes to set up your transfer. To initiate a money transfer with Xoom, follow the process below:
1. Login to your Xoom account
2. At the top right corner, you would see three layered lines. Click on it and select “Send money”
3. You would be redirected to the page where you can make money transfers
4. Select the country you want to send the money to
5. Enter the amount you want to transfer and also the currency you wish to use for your transfer. Here you Xoom will show you the equivalent amount the recipient will receive in their own currency including the service charge.
6. Then choose your method of delivery. Either bank deposits or cash pickup
7. Once that is done, you will be asked to fill in your recipient’s information such as Full Name, email address, mobile number and also his or her bank details
8. After that, select your means of payment either paypal, bank account, debit card or credit card and click on send.
The transaction will then go through and be processed, which may take up to 5 days or more depending on the exchange rates. Also note that Xoom offers get money back policy. This way if the transaction doesn’t go through, you will get a total refund of all your money.
• How to receive money using Xoom
It’s also possible for you to receive funds using Xoom. The process is similar as it is for sending money, except that the amount of money that the recipient receives will automatically be deducted from the sender’s bank account.
Aso, If you are receiving your money through cash pickups, Xoom provides thousands of pickup location all over the world. All you have to do is find a Xoom agent location near you and provide the agent with your photo ID and reference number for means of verification. Once all your information has been verified, you will get your money instantly.
• Are there Restrictions to how much I can send on Xoom?
You will be allowed to use Xoom to send and receive transfers in any country, although some countries may have restrictions on their currencies. Also, these restrictions can be from the account level you are in Xoom.
There are three account levels in xoom and these accounts have their transaction limits and restriction. For example, sending amounts over $3,000 cannot be achieved through Xoom in a level 1 account in the United States. This can cause problems for certain people who need to wire large amounts of money overseas.
The Xoom app is a great way for you to send and receive money from friends, family members, and businesses from all over the world. It can also be used as a mobile payment solution as well as a way to withdraw cash from your bank account using a debit card at any time that you need it.
In addition, there are no fees when transferring amounts overseas which makes the app highly recommended for international wire transfers. With that said, it’s important to keep in mind that some countries may have restrictions on their currencies that affect how much money you can send or receive at once.