It’s quite difficult for persons who live abroad and want to send money abroad to do so without having access to their recipient’s local bank account. To solve this problem, Standard Chartered Bank has made it simple for customers to register a domiciliary account, which is suitable for people who live overseas and do not have access to a bank account or savings.
A domiciliary account is a regular bank deposit, savings, current, or payroll account that non-resident Nigerians open in order to access their funds in Nigeria. It serves a wide range of customers, including those who receive salaries, to businessmen and women, and those simply trying to better manage their finances. With a Standard Chartered Bank Domiciliary Account, you may enjoy all of the conveniences of banking without ever leaving your home!
- Types of Standard Chartered bank Domiciliary account
Standard chattered bank has just one type of domiciliary account which is the Foreign currency account. This domiciliary account is made available in three different currencies which are the US dollars (USD), Pounds Sterling (GBP) and Euro (EUR). It can be opened zero minimum balance and also has no withdrawal limit.
Some of the key features and benefits of this account are:
- Monthly e-Statements are available for free (requires customer sign-up)
- A well-run current account establishes credibility for travel visas and other purposes.
- Customers with a consistent monthly foreign currency income and strong transactional needs will benefit from this product.
- Documents required to Open a standard Chartered Domiciliary Account
- Two passport photographs
- Certified copy of your international passport, drivers license, National Identity card, voter’s card or student ID card-for students
- Public Utility Receipt dated within the last three months (PHCNbill, water rate bill, tenement rate, rent receipt etc.)
- Proof of employment (through an employment verification letter)
- Proof of business– if you are a business owner
- Duly filled and signed account opening form
- How to open a Standard Chartered Domiciliary Account
1 To get started, go to any Standard chartered Bank branch near you or download the SC mobile app using either Google play store or IOS Store.
- Before registering, double-check that all of the above-mentioned documents are in your possession.
- Complete the account opening form provided by the bank agent or downloaded from the bank’s website or mobile app.
- Get your documents certified and return them to the bank agent once you’re finished.
5. Make any other arrangements necessary with the bank agent to activate your account and begin making transactions with your domiciliary account.