A Sterling Bank Domiciliary account is a type of bank account that provides the holder with the ability to withdraw cash from ATMs, make debit/credit card payments, and send money abroad without incurring any charge. This makes it an attractive option for people who are travelling or spending time outside their home country.
Requirements for Opening A Sterling Domiciliary Account
- A minimum deposit to be provided by the customer when setting up the account.
- The customer must be over 18 years old.
- A domiciliary account application form
- Passport copy/ Id card to verify identity.
- Proof of Address (a recent utility bill, signed lease agreement, or a council tax bill)
How to Open A Sterling Domiciliary Account
- The first step to opening a Sterling Domiciliary Account is to visit or call a Sterling branch and request an application form.
- Fill the application form by providing your name, date of birth, place of residence and current occupation and other important information.
- Provide your ID card or passport picture.
- Show proof of your address (a document like your electricity/water bill, council tax bill or driver’s license).
- Deposit the relevant opening fee for setting up this type of account which can be made either at a Sterling branch or online on their website. This deposit will establish the credit limit on the account and it will be reflected by a credit line on the statement sent to you monthly.
Note: The account can also be set up online on their website http://www.sterlingbankplc.
How to Run Transactions with The Sterling Domiciliary Account
Using your account to send money to family and friends or pay for goods and services at your local shop
is easy and convenient. All you will need to do is:
- Log in to your online account.
- Choose the payment option on the screen.
- Fill out the required fields with information about the recipient of funds or goods.
- Enter the amount.
- Select payment method and click send.
Once the transaction has been done, it will show up almost immediately on your recipient’s account.
How to Withdraw from A Sterling Domiciliary Account
Sterling Domiciliary Accounts can accept or make withdrawals either online through your account, over the phone or in person at their branch. However, if you intend to make a large deposit or withdrawal, it is recommended that you call your local branch so that they can guide you through this process.
To withdraw cash, the account holder has to:
- Fill out the withdrawal form which is available at their local branch or online on their website.
- Carefully provide the correct name of the bank account holder and full address of residence.
- Submit a copy of your passport.
- Provide a utility bill as proof of identity before withdrawing money from your Sterling Bank Domiciliary Account.
Benefits of a Sterling Bank Domiciliary Account
The Sterling Domiciliary account is designed to make the customer’s life going abroad smoother and easier. Some of the benefits that come with it include:
- The convenient use of your local bank’s ATM at no cost abroad.
- Send money to friends and loved ones abroad with no extra cost, and in a way that can be tracked.