Last Updated on February 5, 2023 by admin
Are you searching for How To Link your NIN to your MTN Line? Well, you can actually do this in different ways. But, if you do not have a NIN yet, we suggest you get one. As a matter of fact, the NIN holds a fourteen-digit number which MTN requires for the linking process.
Also, have in mind that you can retrieve your NIN by inputting the USSD code *346#. This will only work with the SIM associated with your NIN. But, doing this may result in a charges fee of N20.
you will understand how To Link your NIN to your MTN Line in this article , if you want to link your NIN to your MTN line to avoid disconnection or if disconnected. Let’s get to the real gist!
Related: How to Link my NIN to my Airtel Line
How to Register your NIN
Those who have yet to register for their NIN can do so at NIMC enrolment centers or at the offices of their preferred network provider.
Here’s a brief guideline on the NIN registration:
- Fill out the NIMC per-enrolment form online on Pre Enrollment Portal, and then download and print the Pre Enrollment Slip.
- Submit your application to the NIMC Registration Centre closest to you.
- Then, wait for the NIN issuing.
How to Get Back your NIN on MTN
Those who have already registered but cannot recall their NIN can dial *346# directly from their phone to obtain their NIN on MTN.
As a matter of fact, this works on every mobile device. So, you do not need a smartphone or an internet connection.
Also Read: How to Borrow Airtime From Airtel | 2022
5 Easy Ways To Link your NIN to your MTN Line
MTN was the first to start the trend in a tweet, stating that it is possible to use a mobile phone, laptop, or other data-enabled devices to complete the task.
On MTN, there are four ways to do this:
- By using SMS
- Using the MTN-NIM Portal
- Using a USSD Code
- MyMTN app
- NIMC Mobile ID application
#1. How to Link your NIN on your MTN SIM by SMS
To link your MTN line to your NIN by SMS is described below.
- Go to “Text message” on your mobile device.
- Enter “Create new“
- Type NIN-your 11-digit NIN to 785 and send. For instance: type NIN-09876543212 as a text message, and send it to 785
Read: How to Borrow Data from Airtel | 2022
#2. How to Link NIN on MTN Online (NIM Portal)
To use the MTN web portal to connect your phone number with your NIN, you will need your First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Phone Number, National Identity Number, and Email address.
- The official registration link is https://mtnonline.com/nim/, open on your browser.
- Fill in the requirements on the webpage
- Press the submit button.
- An OTP will be sent to your MTN phone number.
- Enter the OTP and click the confirm button.
#3. How to Link NIN on MTN Line with USSD Code
*785# is the MTN NIN code for linking, and it only works for MTN lines. Simply follow the instructions below if you already have your NIN.
To link your National Identification Number (NIN) on MTN, dial *785*your NIN#. After dialing, wait for a prompt message indicating that you have successfully submitted your NIN.
Related: How to Transfer and Share Data on Airtel | 2022 Tips that Work
#4. How to Link NIN on the MTN App (MyMTN App)
Download MyMTN App from Google Play or App Store.
Open MyMTN App, then log in using your MTN number; on the home screen.
Click on continue, then enter your MTN number, Notification email, and National Identification Number in the spaces provided on the website. Then click the Submit button.
#5. How to Link NIN on MTN via NIMC MobileID App
If, after completing all of the above methods, you are still unable to connect your NIN to your MTN line, you may attempt this final step.
Indeed, this method varies from the others in that you must download the NIMC app from your mobile app store.
In light of this, the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), acting on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria, built, controlled, and launched Mobile Web Services (MWS) in 2021 for a familiar way of modern Id cards and services.
- To begin, download the ‘MWS: NIMC MobileID’ app from the Google Play Store for Android smartphones or the App Store for iOS devices.
- Launch the app and enter your NIN and phone number. For verification, an OTP is sent to your mobile phone (the OTP is valid for just 30 minutes).
- Once that’s done, you’ll be asked to generate a 6-digit password/PIN. To access your NIMC mobile app dashboard, you will always need that 6-digit PIN.
- Select the LINK MY NUMBERS option on your dashboard to add and validate your MTN line.
This app allows you to add up to 7 mobile numbers, and an OTP is used to validate all numbers added.
So, that’s all there is to linking your NIN on MTN using the NIMC MobileID app.
Also Read: How to Activate the Fidelity Bank USSD Code on Mobile Phones| 2022
How to Check your NIN Using USSD Code
- Dial *346# from the phone number linked with your voter’s card, driver’s license, or BVN registration.
- Enter your NIN by pressing 1.
Honestly, it’s a good idea to grab a screenshot of the NIN before it expires so you don’t have to call the code again.
Every time you phone *346#, your telecom company charges you N20. If you need to learn how to connect NIN on your other lines, look below.
How to Link NIN to Other Networks
How do I submit my NIN to MTN?
- Dial *785*Your 11-digit NIN#.
- You can also submit your NIN via the MyMTN app.
- Visit https://nin.mtn.ng. for an online portal linking
- Text NIN-your 11-digit NIN send to 785.
How do I know if my MTN Sim is my NIN?
- Dial *785# to find out if you’ve linked your NIN to your MTN line.
- After calling the USSD code, you will be asked to enter your NIN.
- After entering your NIN, an 11-digit number, you will receive a notification stating that your NIN was “successfully” sent.
What is the code to link the MTN line?
MTN NIN Code for linking is *785# and it only works for MTN lines.
How do you check if my NIN is verified?
- Dial *346#
- Select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’,
How long does it take for NIN to be validated?
After registering, your NIN will be ready in 1-5 working days.
You no longer need to be concerned about being disconnected from your SIM after learning how to link NIN to your MTN line.
However, if you do not yet have a NIN, you can register for one by visiting the nearest NIMC enrolment centers, or by using the URL provided in this article.